Social Media and Web Content Specialist
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Job Type: Full time
The Social Media and Web Content Specialist is an exciting new position designed to execute and support the Puerto Rico Science, Technology and Research Trust (Science Trust) and its Vector Control Unit (PRVCU) branding strategy and the implementation of best practices on social media outlets such as: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and others. This position also support web content creation, editing and posting. Will be responsible for the development of social media plans. This position supports Science Trust and the PRVCU community mobilization efforts to empowering the Puerto Rican public to play a direct and meaningful role in combating the mosquito that spreads Zika, dengue, and other diseases. This position reports to the Chief Communications & Marketing Officer and is responsible for implementing best practices that increase social media reach including actively participating with the CM team in events around the Island.
This position will be an internal expert to provide strategies and best practices that increase social media interaction with citizens. The Social Media and Web Content Specialist will work with existing social media platforms to increase visits and will propose and implement new platforms to complement these efforts. This position also requires to participate in community mobilization events around the Island to document and update social media outlets.
Reports To: Chief Communications & Marketing Officer
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Planning and executing social media strategies using best practices and following branding guides of the PRVCU.
- Developing a long-term social media plan aligned with the goals and objectives of the
- Content creation, designing and editing of graphics, video or other outreach materials for posting.
- Daily management of social media content across social platforms.
- Maintaining a constant presence in the social media while keeping uniformity in all social media outlets using PRVCU branding
- Monitor PRVCU social media outlets and keep management inform on situation requiring actions.
- Webpage content creation, designing, editing and posting.
- Use social media monitoring software for tracking, and gathering relevant content across wide ranges of social media.
- Track and report metrics on engagement, trends and media effectiveness.
- Collaborate with PRVCU team on communication initiatives
- Update PRVCU webpage and keep track of metrics.
- Edit, in Spanish and English, content for social media and webpage.
Since our organization is going to change to meet the needs of public health, environmental conservation and the PRVCU, you can expect, anticipate and assume that your job description will change to meet these challenges.
Education, Training and Experiences:
- 2-3+ years of experience in social media and webpage content management.
- Degree in communications, marketing, or public relation is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Direct experience managing social media and supporting webpage developing
- Strong ability to effectively managing social media account, including monitoring performance.
- Must have proven experience developing and delivering creative content in the mean of images, text and video clips.
- Experience with social media analysis software.
- Knowledge of Adobe creative Suite is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively as part of a team in a dynamic environment; comfortable and effective in influencing at all organizational levels; ability to tactfully give/receive constructive feedback;
- Impeccable oral and written communications skills in English and Spanish includi