Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Position Overview: The Safety Officer oversees the evaluations of the infrastructure and everything related to patient safety and collaborate with the recommended improvement plans. Evaluate and make recommendations related to the protocols and processes for the preparation, mitigation, and recovery of natural disasters of each institution that visits. Carry out coordination with associations, schools, and companies that offer workshops and training related to occupational health and safety, patients and visitors.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Proven experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
Please include contact information, indicate whether or not you speak Spanish and English fluently, and are available to start within two to four weeks of being notified.