The Puerto Rico Science, Technology and Research Trust (PRSTRT) launched Colmena66, a referral network which links Puerto Rico area entrepreneurs and business owners to local and regional resource partners who provide services to help businesses grow and prosper. Learn more at Colmena66.com
A referral service, Colmena66 provides:
- Easy access to a specialized network of service providers offering a broad range of expertise through The Resource Navigator®, a targeted online search tool
- Quick links to the appropriate resources to assist in starting or growing a business
- Ability to enter the network through any one service provider
- Central calendar to make it easy to find training and events
Colmena66 is recruiting a Program Specialist and is already receiving resumes for evaluation.
Send resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Job Type: Full time
The key responsibility of this position is to build, strengthen and promote an integrated network of Resource Partners that provide services to entrepreneurs and small business owners in the community.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for an integrated network of services.
- Recruit and work with service provider partners within the network; understand their needs and facilitate their work in the network.
- Interact with entrepreneurs regularly to monitor usage of the network and identify gaps in services.
- Oversee promotion and outreach efforts; interact with corporate leaders and media.
- Seek funding for on-going support of the network; coordinate grant writing; manage relationships with foundations and other funding sources.
- Interact with leaders of other networks across the country; provide information.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Network small business
development organizations and their programs and services.
- Research network resource partner programs and services to make appropriate
referrals within the network.
- Develop and maintain the database(s) (Resource Navigator ) necessary to support Resource Partners and other network operations.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with network resource partners;
understand partner needs and facilitate joint activities. Keep current on services
offered by resource partners.
- Develop training materials to help resource partners become knowledgeable about network programs and services.
- Seek opportunities to promote SourceLink throughout the community including
speaking engagements, business expositions and networking events.
- Assist the Network Navigator in maintaining website information, including classes and events.
- Perform research as requested by funders, resource partners and others.
- Support Colmena66 and/or PR Science Trust staff as needed.
The successful candidate will be a skilled advisor and facilitator and have a bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in business or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Direct experience with the entrepreneurial process, community outreach and community building is preferred. Bilingual candidates (English and Spanish) are required.
The candidate must also be able to:
- Analyze complex information, make decisions and negotiate among parties at all levels.
- Develop good working relationships with a broad range of constituents. Know how to create and work as a team.
- Understand the entrepreneurial process, including start-up and growth phases.
- Communicate orally and in writing with a broad range of constituencies; resolve complex problems where there are significant differences of opinion.
- Understand the consulting process and commitment to high levels of customer service.
- Understand the needs of entrepreneurs at various levels including start-up and growth phases.
- Ability to quickly learn the capabilities of the resource partners within the network.
- Demonstrate skill in working with partners.
- Strong computer and software skills including Windows, Word, PowerPoint and Excel; ability to learn new applications and complex features as needed.
- Strong sense of initiative and self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work with a high degree of integrity and hold high ethical standards.
- Treat others with respect and dignity.
Overview of the organization
The Puerto Rico Science Technology and Research Trust is a private non-profit organization created in 2004 to encourage and promote innovation, transfer and commercialization of technology and creation of jobs in the technology sector. We are responsible for Puerto Rico’s public policy for science, technology, research and development. The Trust’s mission is to invest, facilitate and build capacity to continually advance Puerto Rico’s economy and its citizens’ well-being through innovation-driven enterprises, science and technology and its industrial base. Our vision is that by 2022, Puerto Rico is a globally recognized innovation hub that develops, attracts, and retains scientists, technology entrepreneurs, and enterprises to unlock world class creativity and competitiveness